Post-Roast (Chicken) Risotto
- an onion
- 250g arborio rice
- one litre chicken stock
- two handfuls leftover roast chicken
- handful of chopped parsley
- (optional) couple tablespoons of crème fraîche
- Slowly soften the finely chopped onion in olive oil until see-through.
- Chuck in a palmful of thyme and the rice stirring for a couple minutes (can add butter).
- Add a ladleful of chicken stock at a time, waiting for it to be absorbed. Add the roast chicken with the final ladle.
- When there is just a little bite to the risotto take it out and stir in seasoning and parsley.
- Fry some courgette with the onions at the beginning
- Chuck in some frozen peas at the end